The Philippines is one of the world’s top destinations for tourists who want to enjoy the beach, eat good food and have a thousand adventures under the sun. Cebu, the Queen City of the South is a famous tourist destination both for locals and foreigners who want to have exciting and memorable adventures underwater.
The Island of Mactan is a few kilometers away from Cebu City. The island houses several world-class resorts and hotel and a number of thrilling water sports and activities such as parasailing, diving, jet skiing and more.
- Parasailing – This activity can accommodate three children per flight or a combined weight of 375 pounds. Adults can ride as tandem as long as they don’t exceed the 375 weight limit. Also known as parakiting or parascending, parasailing is a recreational activit where an individual is tower behind a boat while attached to a parasail wing.
- Wakeboarding – A surface water sport that uses a wakeboard to ride the surface of the water using a mix of surfing, water skiing and snowboarding techniques. The person is usually towed by a motorboat or by a cable or other water craft.
- Water Skiing – This is a surface water sport where an individual skims the surface of the water using one or two skis while being pulled behind a boat or cable. For 30 minutes each, two persons can take turns in this event.
- Jet Ski – Jet ski is like riding a scooter but only on water. You steer the handle bars as you navigate your way through the surface of the water. This is a fun activity for those who would want to enjoy a fast water ride. However, this ride is not for individuals who have limited mobility.
- Banana Boat Ride – This activity is great for a group of friends and families. Enjoy a ride on a banana-shape boat which will be pulled by a speedboat or a motorboat. The fun in the banana ride boat starts when the driver of the motorboat speeds up his pace and make sharp and fast turns. By doing so, everyone on the banana boat will be thrown into the water.
- Flying Fish Ride – This is another fun watersport that you can enjoy with friends. The Flying Fish is similar to banana boats glued together and is toyed through the sea watrer at high speed. The ride is named so because of its unique shape which propels the fish out of the water as the speed increases.
- Recreational Scuba Diving – This is for individuals who would love to experience and see the marvels and beauty of the underwater. Scuba diving is when a diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus (scuba) to breathe underwater. Scuba diving allows you to see the multiple and diverse species of marine life underwater including anemone, octopus, corals, whale sharks and even sharks.
Adventures In and Out of the Water
The fun and excitement that awaits every tourist of guest are limitless. Cebu, the Queen Island of the South, is also a destination for adventures on the water and underwater. If you feel like spending the weekend not much far from Cebu City, a get away to Mactan Island is what you need. It’s just a few kilometers away from the heart of Cebu but the island is packed with activities that you can enjoy with friends and families.